Precision machining is an important part of our modern world. With the use of this exact manufacturing process, they can produce hundreds or thousands of parts that are all exactly the same size. This makes it easier to mass produce parts for things like automobiles, medical equipment and many more things. In fact, it is hard to find an item or piece of furniture in a home that has not benefited from the ability of precision machine shops to create many small parts all within a short period of time. When you are looking for a shop that does precision machining, you want someone that is going to be reliable, affordable and easy to work with. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are looking at your options for precision machining operations:
1. What kinds of services do they offer? Some shops may specialize in only one kind of work, whereas others, such as Cutter Innovations may be able to offer several different services. This includes 5 axis machining, precision machining, wire EDM and others. Shops that offer more than one service can be especially helpful because you will not have to shop around in order to find a different company for every service that you need.
2. How long have they been in business? While being a new business is not something that anyone should ever be punished for, you also want to be on the lookout for fly by night companies. A lifetime satisfaction guarantee does not mean anything for a company that will be out of business in six months. So look for longevity.
3. Are they serious about providing good customer service? You also want to do business with a company that has a trail of satisfied customers in their wake. Read local reviews about them, and ask the company directly about their past clients (maybe you have heard of some of them.) You can also ask to contact past clients if you are still feeling uncertain about whether to hire them.
4. Do they follow the proper safety standards? Working with precision machining can be dangerous work, so you want to make sure that the company that you hire is going to follow all of the proper safety standards and regulations. Usually you can confirm this by asking if they are ISO certified. This certification shows that they have taken the time and effort to make sure that they have been formally recognized as a company that follows all of the correct quality management systems. Often ISO certifications will have to be renewed, so it is an ongoing process to make sure that they keep their ISO registration.
5. Do they keep good records? When you works with a company for precision machining, there are several checkpoints that they will need to pass before they can start mass producing your part. This includes engineering, inspection, validation and quality management. The company should be in touch with you and informing you of their results every step of the way.